Hans and Evert-Jan Eijerkamp rightly call themselves the home of the best Leo Heremans
In 2005 Hans & Evert-Jan Eijerkamp visited the then combination of Heremans-Ceusters. During their call, they were handed many of their top pigeons and were immediately sold on them. Rarely if ever had they handled such quality as on that cold December day. An agreement was struck to purchase 50 youngsters for the following March 2006 to fly on the Eijerkamp young bird race team. Directly as young birds the Belgian ring numbers, that is the Herman-Ceusters, stood out, as they seemed to have the strongest final sprint. In the autumn of 2006, fate struck the Heremans-Ceusters, thieves had struck their blow, they left with 30 pigeons. Later the thieves tried to strike a second blow. Leo had enough and partly due to his wife's serious illness, they decided to sell all the pigeons. The total sale, minus 3 held in bis, took place in March of 2007. Hans & Evert-Jan Eijerkamp, pulled out their wallets resulting in many top pigeons being transferred to Brummen. Pigeons such as the supper couple Rossi"Rossi" x Spinneke"Spinneke", Peter"Peter" x Charlene"Charlene", Euro"Euro", Moeder Euro"Moeder Euro", Jackpot"Jackpot" ,Mysterious"Mysterious" ,Goochelaar"Goochelaar", Geschelpte 03"Geschelpte 03", moved to the breeding lofts of the Eijerkamp family. Thus, a new era began. Through the years the strain Leo Heremans ( Ceusters) was refined in Brummen with the input of ex-racers who had flown for so many successes, for it was rare, that among the 50 direct young birds, that were flown there were 6 top pigeons. They are Dion"Dion", "Ernesto", "Charl", Schouderduif"Schouderduif", Finette"Finette" and Noralia"Noralia". At the very heart of the Heremans-Ceusters, there was also the Olympiade"Olympiade 003",who was the 2nd Nat. Ace Pigeon Speed KBDB as well as the 1st Belgian Olympiade Pigeon Oostend 2007 and this Olympiade"Olympiade 003",was one of the most significant breeders in the Vorselar lofts.
Purchase Nieuwe Olympiade
In 2010 Leo Heremans again picked up the club and began anew to race pigeons actively. Instantly, that first year he represented Belgium at the Olympiade in Poznan with a young bird, Nieuwe Olympiade"Nieuwe Olympiade". In 2012 Leo reached a pinnacle winning the National Championship KBDB and again announced a total sale. A sale, that would break all records. The more than 500 pigeons were sold via PIPA for a record total of EUR 4,346,500. The only pigeon from that sale to remain in Europe was the Nieuwe Olympiade"Nieuwe Olympiade". This top pigeon was purchased by Hans & Evert-Jan Eijerkamp for EUR 210,000 and became the new standard bearer for the already exceptional collection residing in Brummen. The Nieuwe Olympiade"Nieuwe Olympiade" quickly developed into a golden breeder and has become the father, grandfather and great-grandfather of a.o:
[[ResultsBlock Nieuwe Olympiade]]
"Nieuwe Olympiade""Nieuwe Olympiade"
is winner of the following prizes:
- 1. Quievrain against 2,460 pigeons
- 2. Quievrain against 2,790 pigeons
- 3. Quievrain against 2,073 pigeons
- 25. Quievrain against 1,152 pigeons
- 34. Quievrain against 2,054 pigeons
is winner of the following titles:
- 2. Olympiad pigeon Poznan 2011 Olympiad Cat F
Descendants to "Nieuwe Olympiade"
are winner of the following prizes:
- 1. Tullamore against 20,315 pigeons
- 1. Prov. Chalons en Champagne against 20,306 pigeons
- 1. Nat. Fontenay sur Eure against 12,727 pigeons
- Show more prizes »
- 1. NPO Tongeren against 12,699 pigeons
- 1. Laon (Besny) against 11,179 pigeons
- 1. Arlon against 9,553 pigeons
- 1. Laon against 7,594 pigeons
- 1. Nanteuil against 7,509 pigeons
- 1. Prov. Blois against 6,907 pigeons
- 1. Geel against 6,739 pigeons
- 1. Châlons-en-Champagne against 6,078 pigeons
- 1. NPO Nanteuil le Haudouin against 4,457 pigeons
- 1. Bierges against 3,901 pigeons
- 1. Gelnhausen against 3,162 pigeons
- 1. Kecskemet against 3,039 pigeons
- 1. Sector Bookaloo against 2,666 pigeons
- 1. Tongeren against 2,572 pigeons
- 1. Navan against 2,509 pigeons
- 1. Butzbach against 2,503 pigeons
- 1. Tienen against 2,469 pigeons
- 1. Nat. Liberec against 2,105 pigeons
- 1. Weert against 2,103 pigeons
- 1. Sector Lyndhurst against 2,050 pigeons
- 1. Tullamore against 1,934 pigeons
- 1. Quievrain against 1,881 pigeons
- 1. Quievrain against 1,774 pigeons
- 1. Newark against 1,453 pigeons
- 1. BRNO-Modrice against 1,389 pigeons
- 1. Quievrain against 1,216 pigeons
- 2. Tongeren against 7,306 pigeons
- 2. NPO Peronne against 5,900 pigeons
- 2. Niergnies against 5,573 pigeons
- 2. Isnes against 5,079 pigeons
- 2. Laon against 4,132 pigeons
- 2. Tienen against 3,734 pigeons
- 2. Châlons-en-Champagne against 3,282 pigeons
- 2. Kecskemet against 3,039 pigeons
- 2. Thurles against 2,535 pigeons
- 2. Tienen against 2,438 pigeons
- 2. Quievrain against 2,148 pigeons
- 2. Weert against 2,103 pigeons
- 2. Tienen against 1,908 pigeons
- 2. Huntington against 1,473 pigeons
- 2. Tienen against 885 pigeons
- 2. Quievrain against 697 pigeons
- 3. Quievrain against 13,331 pigeons
- 3. Zutphen against 8,510 pigeons
- 3. Nanteuil against 7,509 pigeons
- 3. NPO Nanteuil against 6,895 pigeons
- 3. Tilburg against 5,560 pigeons
Descendants to "Nieuwe Olympiade"
are winner of the following titles:
New to Hereman-Ceusters pigeons were brought in
- 1. Acepigeon Region 4 Young Birds
- 1. Acepigeon Area 1 Region 4 Young Birds
- 1. Acepigeon Region 4 Section 8 After season race
- Show more titles »
- 1. Acepigeon Kring de IJssel After season race
- 1. International Acepigeon Pattaya OLR 2021 One Loft race
- 1. arriving pigeon Derby Arona Hot Spot Race
- 1. International Acepigeon Dutch Touch One Loft race
- 1. Semi_National Titan Games UK 2021 Young Birds
- 1. Provincial Acepigeon Section 8 Short Distance
- 1. Provincial Acepigeon Section 8 Speed Old Birds
- 2. Nat Acepigeon pipa rankings Short Distance
- 2. Acepigeon Section 8 Young Birds
- 2. Olympiad pigeon Romania Olympiad Cat A
- 2. arriving pigeon As Golden Pigeon Final Race One Loft race
- 3. Nat Acepigeon Romania Short Distance
- 3. Nat Acepigeon PIPA Middle Distance
- 4. Nat Acepigeon Pipa 2019 SD/MD Short Distance
- 4. Acepigeon Regio 4 Speed Old Birds
- 6. Provincial Acepigeon GOU Speed Old Birds
- 8. Provincial Acepigeon Section 8 Middle Distance
- 9. Nat Acepigeon De Allerbeste Short Distance
- 11. Nat Acepigeon WHZB All-round
- 12. Nat Acepigeon WHZB Short Distance
- 13. Nat Acepigeon De Allerbeste Middle Distance
- 14. Nat Acepigeon WHZB Middle Distance
- 15. Nat Acepigeon Pipa 2020 LD 3 prizes Long Distance
- 17. Nat Acepigeon WHZB Young Birds
Standing still is going backwards, is the Hans and Evert-Jan Eijerkamp credo. This leads them to continuously look for top pigeons blessed with the influence of the Heremans lines. Thus, in 2017 The Olympic Leo"Olympic Leo"
was purchased via Herbots from the Wolfgang Roeper sale. This direct Heremans ace was 2nd
National Ace Cock in Germany and also the 1st
Olympiade pigeon in Cat. C Allround for Germany in Nitra 2011. He was flown by Wolfgang Roeper on the very tough east course on which many races are flown into headwinds, at speeds from 1100-1400 m.p.m. This son of the "Roeper Pair"already bred, the 1st
Geel against 6,739 pigeons for the Eijerkamp lofts. Previously, via the Herbots family, the "Nieuwe Euro
" was obtained. He was the Best Young Bird of Germany in 2015 and also the 1st
National Olympiade pigeon in Cat. G in Budapest. The father of the "Nieuwe Euro
" was bred out of a brother x daughter of the world famous Euro"Euro"
In addition. In 2017 the Uknown"Turbo Rossi"
was purchased, this pure Leo Heremans is a grandson of the super couple "Nieuwe Rossi
" x "Eenoogske
". Uknown"Turbo Rossi"
won no less than 5 first prizes against large numbers and has already proven to be a top producer. Another purchase was, Olympic Hans"Olympic Hans"
. This crack was the 1st
Olympiade Pigeon for the Netherlands in the Allround category in Brussels 2017 for Hans Boenders. This crack won 7 first prizes including the 1st
NPO Chateauroux (706 km) against 3,120 pigeons. The father of Olympic Hans"Olympic Hans"
(via W.A. de Bruijn) is consecrated with 75% Heremans-Ceusters
bloodlines with a.o the top couple Rossi"Rossi"
in his genes and is a son of "Olympic Hurricane
National Olympiade Young Bird Poznan 2011. The mother of Olympic Hans"Olympic Hans"
(via P. Veenstra) is a daughter of "Golden Blue" x "Olympic Hanne". A daughter of Olympic Hans"Olympic Hans"
in 2018 as a yearling won a.o 5th
NPO Gien and after 3 race leads as 1st
Provincial Ace Pigeon one day long distance. The top breeder Euro Junior"Euro Junior"
was also bought back from Peter Jansen, Kleve. This son of the Euro"Euro"
, was purchased as a young bird by the great German champion and developed into an absolute top breeder for the Kleve lofts. He sired 7 different 1st
prize winners at both the regional and provincial level.
Hans & Evert-Jan Eijerkamp cherish their incredible Heremans-Ceusters
family, in which the old base pigeons are central to the successful first generation, the Heremans strain has become for the Brummen lofts.
During a visit by Leo Heremans to the Eijerkamp family recently (June 23, 2018) Leo became very emotional when he saw many of his top pigeons at the Eijerkamp lofts. "Tremendous quality and just super pigeons. I am overjoyed to see them again here in Brummen, they just look super!!, "
said the Grandmaster himself. To Hans & Evert-Jan Eijerkamp he said with conviction, " You can rightly and by far, truly state that you have the largest and the best of the Heremans strain".
The Heremans-Ceuster pigeons have brought a tremendous boost in performance to the Eijerkamp lofts as well as to many lofts worldwide. In addition to speed, the Heremans pigeons also provide an incredible orientation ability and have crossed exceptionally well, so well, that now there are descendants around the world that excel in races from 100- 600 km, under all sorts of geographic and weather conditions.
In 2017 Hans & Evert-Jan Eijerkamp were the Gouden Duif winners of the Middle Distance, and the Heremans blood ran through a significant share of the winners. Some of the pigeons blessed with the golden Heremans-Ceusters
- Roulette"Roulette", out of son Spinneke"Spinneke" x Lambrechts, was co-winner 4th National Ace Pigeon Speed PIPA 2017.
- Avery"Avery", out of Jackpot Junior"Jackpot Junior" x daughter Rossi"Rossi", was 2nd National Ace Pigeon Best of the Best 2017.
- Alida"Alida", out of Willem"Willem", a direct Heremans-Ceusters x daughter Euro"Euro", won 2x 1st prize and was co-winner Gouden Duif 2017.
- Ciara"Ciara", out of son Rossi"Rossi" x daughter "Nieuw Olympiade", was 19th National Ace Yealing Best of the Best 2017.
- "Junius", out of the Nieuwe Olympiade"Nieuwe Olympiade" x "Amiga" in 2018 was 7th Provincial Ace Pigeon Speed in Sect. 8 and won a.o 1st Nanteuil against 585 pigeons.
- "Daphne" won 2 first prizes against large numbers and comes out of Blauwe Jackpot"Blauwe Jackpot" x "Kenzi", daughter of the Euro"Euro".
- Lynn"Lynn" in 2015 won no less than 3 pure first prizes including a.o, 1st Provincial Soissons against 14,630 pigeons. Lynn"Lynn" was bred out of the Vetblauwe Jackpot"Vetblauwe Jackpot" x Roos"Roos".
- Thalia"Thalia" won the 1st NPO Nanteuil (480 km) against 4,457 pigeons and she is a daughter of the Nieuwe Olympiade"Nieuwe Olympiade" x Kannibaal Ché"Kannibaal Ché".