Hans and Evert-Jan Eijerkamp rightly call themselves the home of the best Leo Heremans
In 2005 Hans & Evert-Jan Eijerkamp visited the then combination of Heremans-Ceusters
. During their call, they were handed many of their top pigeons and were immediately sold on them. Rarely if ever had they handled such quality as on that cold December day. An agreement was struck to purchase 50 youngsters for the following March 2006 to fly on the Eijerkamp young bird race team. Directly as young birds the Belgian ring numbers, that is the Herman-Ceusters, stood out, as they seemed to have the strongest final sprint. In the autumn of 2006, fate struck the Heremans-Ceusters
, thieves had struck their blow, they left with 30 pigeons. Later the thieves tried to strike a second blow. Leo had enough and partly due to his wife's serious illness, they decided to sell all the pigeons. The total sale, minus 3 held in bis, took place in March of 2007. Hans & Evert-Jan Eijerkamp, pulled out their wallets resulting in many top pigeons being transferred to Brummen. Pigeons such as the supper couple "Rossi"
, "Moeder Euro"
, "Geschelpte 03"
, moved to the breeding lofts of the Eijerkamp family. Thus, a new era began. Through the years the strain Leo Heremans ( Ceusters) was refined in Brummen with the input of ex-racers who had flown for so many successes, for it was rare, that among the 50 direct young birds, that were flown there were 6 top pigeons. They are "Dion"
. At the very heart of the Heremans-Ceusters
, there was also the "Olympiade 003"
,who was the 2nd
Nat. Ace Pigeon Speed KBDB as well as the 1st
Belgian Olympiade Pigeon Oostend 2007 and this "Olympiade 003"
,was one of the most significant breeders in the Vorselar lofts.
Purchase Nieuwe Olympiade
In 2010 Leo Heremans again picked up the club and began anew to race pigeons actively. Instantly, that first year he represented Belgium at the Olympiade in Poznan with a young bird, "Nieuwe Olympiade"
. In 2012 Leo reached a pinnacle winning the National Championship KBDB and again announced a total sale. A sale, that would break all records. The more than 500 pigeons were sold via PIPA for a record total of EUR 4,346,500. The only pigeon from that sale to remain in Europe was the "Nieuwe Olympiade"
. This top pigeon was purchased by Hans & Evert-Jan Eijerkamp for EUR 210,000 and became the new standard bearer for the already exceptional collection residing in Brummen. The "Nieuwe Olympiade"
quickly developed into a golden breeder and has become the father, grandfather and great-grandfather of a.o:
New to Hereman-Ceusters pigeons were brought in
- 1.National Ace Pigeon Middle Distance Portugal 2016
- 1. International Ace Pigeon Dutch Touch OLR
- 2. Provincial Ace Pigeon Youngster Sect. 8 GOU
- 1. Open Tullamore NIPA against 20,315 pigeons
- 1. Provincial Soissons against 14,630 pigeons
- 1. National Fontenay suy Eure against 12,727 pigeons
- 1. NPO Tongeren against 12,699 pigeons
- 1. Geel against 6,739 pigeons
- 1. NPO Nanteuil against 4,457 pigeons
- 1. Tongeren against 2,572 pigeons
- 1. Quievrain against 1,881 pigeons
- 1. Soissons against 1,249 pigeons
- 1. Quievrain against 1,216 pigeons
- 1. Quievrain against 1,052 pigeons
Standing still is going backwards, is the Hans and Evert-Jan Eijerkamp credo. This leads them to continuously look for top pigeons blessed with the influence of the Heremans lines. Thus, in 2017 The "Olympic Leo"
was purchased via Herbots from the Wolfgang Roeper sale. This direct Heremans ace was 2nd
National Ace Cock in Germany and also the 1st
Olympiade pigeon in Cat. C Allround for Germany in Nitra 2011. He was flown by Wolfgang Roeper on the very tough east course on which many races are flown into headwinds, at speeds from 1100-1400 m.p.m. This son of the "Roeper Pair"already bred, the 1st
Geel against 6,739 pigeons for the Eijerkamp lofts. Previously, via the Herbots family, the "Nieuwe Euro
" was obtained. He was the Best Young Bird of Germany in 2015 and also the 1st
National Olympiade pigeon in Cat. G in Budapest. The father of the "Nieuwe Euro
" was bred out of a brother x daughter of the world famous "Euro"
In addition. In 2017 the "Turbo Rossi"
was purchased, this pure Leo Heremans is a grandson of the super couple "Nieuwe Rossi
" x "Eenoogske
". "Turbo Rossi"
won no less than 5 first prizes against large numbers and has already proven to be a top producer. Another purchase was, "Olympic Hans"
. This crack was the 1st
Olympiade Pigeon for the Netherlands in the Allround category in Brussels 2017 for Hans Boenders. This crack won 7 first prizes including the 1st
NPO Chateauroux (706 km) against 3,120 pigeons. The father of "Olympic Hans"
(via W.A. de Bruijn) is consecrated with 75% Heremans-Ceusters
bloodlines with a.o the top couple "Rossi"
in his genes and is a son of "Olympic Hurricane
National Olympiade Young Bird Poznan 2011. The mother of "Olympic Hans"
(via P. Veenstra) is a daughter of "Golden Blue" x "Olympic Hanne". A daughter of "Olympic Hans"
in 2018 as a yearling won a.o 5th
NPO Gien and after 3 race leads as 1st
Provincial Ace Pigeon one day long distance. The top breeder "Euro Junior"
was also bought back from Peter Jansen, Kleve. This son of the "Euro"
, was purchased as a young bird by the great German champion and developed into an absolute top breeder for the Kleve lofts. He sired 7 different 1st
prize winners at both the regional and provincial level.
Hans & Evert-Jan Eijerkamp cherish their incredible Heremans-Ceusters
family, in which the old base pigeons are central to the successful first generation, the Heremans strain has become for the Brummen lofts.
During a visit by Leo Heremans to the Eijerkamp family recently (June 23, 2018) Leo became very emotional when he saw many of his top pigeons at the Eijerkamp lofts. "Tremendous quality and just super pigeons. I am overjoyed to see them again here in Brummen, they just look super!!, "
said the Grandmaster himself. To Hans & Evert-Jan Eijerkamp he said with conviction, " You can rightly and by far, truly state that you have the largest and the best of the Heremans strain".
The Heremans-Ceuster pigeons have brought a tremendous boost in performance to the Eijerkamp lofts as well as to many lofts worldwide. In addition to speed, the Heremans pigeons also provide an incredible orientation ability and have crossed exceptionally well, so well, that now there are descendants around the world that excel in races from 100- 600 km, under all sorts of geographic and weather conditions.
In 2017 Hans & Evert-Jan Eijerkamp were the Gouden Duif winners of the Middle Distance, and the Heremans blood ran through a significant share of the winners. Some of the pigeons blessed with the golden Heremans-Ceusters
- "Roulette", out of son "Spinneke" x Lambrechts, was co-winner 4th National Ace Pigeon Speed PIPA 2017.
- "Avery", out of "Jackpot Junior" x daughter "Rossi", was 2nd National Ace Pigeon Best of the Best 2017.
- "Alida", out of "Willem", a direct Heremans-Ceusters x daughter "Euro", won 2x 1st prize and was co-winner Gouden Duif 2017.
- "Ciara", out of son "Rossi" x daughter "Nieuw Olympiade", was 19th National Ace Yealing Best of the Best 2017.
- "Junius", out of the "Nieuwe Olympiade" x "Amiga" in 2018 was 7th Provincial Ace Pigeon Speed in Sect. 8 and won a.o 1st Nanteuil against 585 pigeons.
- "Daphne" won 2 first prizes against large numbers and comes out of "Blauwe Jackpot" x "Kenzi", daughter of the "Euro".
- "Lynn" in 2015 won no less than 3 pure first prizes including a.o, 1st Provincial Soissons against 14,630 pigeons. "Lynn" was bred out of the "Vetblauwe Jackpot" x "Roos".
- "Thalia" won the 1st NPO Nanteuil (480 km) against 4,457 pigeons and she is a daughter of the "Nieuwe Olympiade" x "Kannibaal Ché".