Last year, on our website, we began to display live, the arrival of our pigeons as they came home from the races.
This was combined with our Facebook page where we, gave fanciers an opportunity to participate in the race by guessing the speed at which our first pigeon would fly home.
As prizes for the winners we gave away, supprise packages and young pigeons.
This year, we are again offering these actions. But, to simplify the contest and prevent any misunderstanding, a number of conditions have to be met.
- It is our intention to offer an action, in which a prize will be awarded each and every week.
This of course will entirely depend on whether or not we take part in a race that weekend, otherwise there will not be a contest.
- For each action we will publish on our website a brief description of the upcoming race. The name of the release station, the distance to be flown, the weather forecast for race day and the prize that will be offered for that particular week.
- The prizes could be a young bird or something different.
- Participation can only take place by enrolling on our website and filling out the required form.
This form will require you name, email address and the estimated speed.
The summary of participants, on our site will show only your name and your estimate of the speed.
- We will still promote these actions on Facebook and will refer those interested to our web site.
- We will only contact the winner via email. Entering an invalid email address will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The winner, if he/she wishes may decline the prize.
- If someone wins a young bird, he/she is responsible for the cost of transport.
- The speed as shown on the final race result, will determine the winner.
- A complaint as to the accuracy of the race result will not be permitted.
- Participation is free and open to anyone who agrees with and meets these conditions.
- We reserve the right to modify the conditions of participation if we see a need to do so.
If you want to be notified as soon as our first pigeon is clocked, you can register on our web site and receive an email having the time of our first pigeons’ arrival, its photo and its pedigree.
Forward this message to you pigeon friends, because the more people taking part the more exciting it will be.
Yours in sport
Hans and Evert Jan Eijerkamp.